August 9, 2009

One Good Person

Share

Amongst the speech delivered during the necrological services of Tita Cory, Conrado de Quiros' struck me the most. In it, I find no reason to adore Tita Cory as President or for whatever she symbolizes. Rather his speech finds all reasons to adore Tita Cory for her humanity.

I've been searching the internet for his speech, and asking fellow bloggers if they have a copy so I can post it here, a sort of another tribute. But what I do know, after all the searching....I found it inquirer website, in his regular column.

Here it is:

I’VE written a good many things about Cory this past couple of weeks. I guess it’s time I got a little more personal.

I wasn’t an ardent fan of Cory at the beginning, I was an ardent critic. I came from the ranks of the red rather than the yellow, and looked at the world from the prism of that color. It got so that in one program Kris Aquino invited me to (I don’t know if she remembers this), she took me to task for it. It was an Independence Day show, and during one break, Kris turned to me and said: “Why are you so mean to my mom?”

To continue reading, click here.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate your comments.