August 10, 2009

Lea Salonga?

Share

I was one of those who lined up on the first day to watch the animated movie Alladin. You know that feeling of being first - kasi you're in a more solid position to spoil it. Hehehe.

Kasikatan din talaga ni Ms. Lea Salonga non, kaya she's a worthy topic in almost every conversation back then. Besides, cartoons is really something I never really outgrew. I am still fond of watching them. Oftentimes nga, I choose short cheesy animated films over award-winning and critically-acclaimed movies. I am amused with Spongebob, Ben10, Megas XLR, at syempre Samurai Jack (kaya lang puro replay na lately).

And so I was there inside the cinema with all fellow would-be spoilers. The experience was usual, but at the time when the voice of Ms. Salonga started to play, OMG...the feeling was unforgetable. Siguro that feeling of tiny patriotism in me kicked in. I got goosebumps for the rest of the song, teary-eyed for that matter, knowing our very own Ms. Lea has uplifted the country once again. Like Cory Aquino, she made me really proud being a Filipino.

This is why, for me, no singer can sing that part of "A Whole New World" better than her.

There were attempts though, and here is a good example. While watching and listening, it has taken me aback. Watch, and be amazed?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate your comments.